We have partnered with Amazon to create a wish list of some of the necessary items that we use here at Our Daily Bread. These can be purchased through Amazon and shipped directly to ODB as a donation. Keeping your receipt for tax purposes with our Tax ID as displayed can be used for tax purposes. If you would rather purchase these items and bring them directly to us, we would love to see you and have you come and visit us personally. We are here Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm.
Some of our needs not listed on Amazon include:
- Prayer – for our friends who come for the meal, our friends who volunteer, our staff and our board members
- Food – baked goods to use as desserts, condiments, salad dressings, #10 cans (commercial size) of vegetables, and canned fruits.
- Monetary Donations – Checks can be mailed to: Our Daily Bread, P.O. Box 488, Lima, OH 45802.
- Other Items –
- Meat: beef, poultry, pork
- Bulk coffee
- Laundry detergent pods
- Commercial tin foil and saran wrap
- Paper towels, etc.
- We accept clothing donations for men, women, and children.
- We also want to encourage you to consider sponsoring the kitchen for a full day. The kitchen operates at a cost of $365/day.
- In addition, we have capital building needs of maintenance and improvements to our building.
We would invite you, as an individual or business, to consider supporting our humble soup kitchen. We are a non-profit 501(c)3 and welcome corporate sponsorships. Please contact us for more details.
Our Daily Bread Soup Kitchen is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, making donations tax deductible. We are funded through generous donations from caring individuals, churches, organizations, and businesses from our community and the surrounding area. We also have accepted privately funded grants from corporations and private foundations, however no government funds are accepted.
Through food donations, we are able to keep the cost of food purchased to less than $0.59 per meal with over 38,000 meals served in 2014. So you can see how any tax deductible donation can impact the lives of those who depend on us.
That does not include our other operating costs such as gas for the stove and heating, electricity, building maintenance, etc. With that, our cost is $365 a day, so someone making a donation of a dollar a day for a year will be underwriting an entire day of operations.
Any one making a monetary donation will receive a tax receipt in January of the following year.
Donations may be sent to: Our Daily Bread, P.O. Box 488, Lima, OH 45802